Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
What is FIRST LEGO League?
FIRST LEGO League is an international competition for 4th through 8th grade students where teams create a LEGO Mindstorms robot and solve a real world problem using STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts and critical thinking skills. FIRST LEGO League promotes discovery, innovation, impact, inclusion, teamwork, and fun!
Judging at FIRST LEGO League Event
FIRST LEGO League Judges select team award recipients through interaction with teams and contribution to the deliberation process. Judges interview and observe a maximum of 8 teams in the judging room. Judge volunteers serves as a role model for the team members and will be their advocates during deliberation.
Benefits of the Position:
- High visibility role
- Significant level of responsibility
- Provides an opportunity to positively impact quality of event
- Interacts with teams and team members
- Strong assessment skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to effectively relate to youth aged 9-14 and adults and be a role model at all tim
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Full day of competition, approximately between 8am and 4pm. Lunch, snacks, and water will be provided.
- Complete a 1-hour judge training before the day of the event. A self-paced training deck is provided and in-person training dates will also be available.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please fill out the Google Form to be placed into the Volunteer Pool for events. Your volunteer position will not be confirmed until you receive further communications from NYC FIRST.