Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Eternal Life Organization International Ministries
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
plot 644, nsereko gregory rd
Over view of role
· Responsible for overseeing marketing initiatives within an organization. Works to develop areas such as, project development, distribution channel management, marketing communications, including advertising and promotions, market research, and customer service.
· A chief marketing officer is responsible for an organization’s day-to-day marketing operation. CMOs coordinate the production of public relations, media, creative, promotions and advertising. They ensure the organization’s message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet the organizations objectives. Today, this means seeking out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile devices, video and social media.
· These senior marketing professionals must be both analytical and creative, and knowledgeable in a variety of disciplines, such as production, information technology, legal and finance. They are often responsible for strategic planning and development, branding, market research, and customer service across global markets. CMOs typically report directly to the chief operations officer.
· Chief marketing officers often plan, direct and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance to organizational goals. Reviewing and approving advertising campaigns, marketing reports, vendor contracts and expenditures are additional job duties for CMOs.
§ Manages and directs ELOIM’s new business efforts to ensure that the goals of the annual new business plan and being met.
§ Establishes and maintains regular meetings with the ELOIM’S new business team to provide updates to others in the organization
§ With input from the ELOIM’s new business team, develops and maintains a list of new business prospects.
§ Establishes a system for proactively pursuing new business
§ Serve as the initial point of contact for most new business leads
§ Oversees the development of new business presentations
§ Meets with new business prospects to determine marketing communication needs
§ Develops an annual strategic plan with specific goals, strategies, audiences, tactics and measurement for positioning ELOIM to its primary publics
§ Oversees the development and implementation of the agency marketing plan
§ Oversees develop of social media program for ELOIM
§ Ensures that ELOIM online search programs are optimized
§ Takes responsibility for the effectiveness and accuracy of ELOIM website
§ Oversees the development and maintenance of a permission-based email database of prospects and other key audiences
§ Develops and maintains internal communications programs to keep ELOIM staff informed of new business, marketing, and publicity
§ Ensures that ELOIM is proactively seeking opportunities to write, speak and showcase its intellectual capital.
§ Oversees an active publicity program for ELOIM
§ Helps represent and promote ELOIM at functions
§ Establishes and maintains relationships with search consultants
§ Visionary; able to lead strategic planning efforts
§ Strong leadership, management and problem solving skills
§ A highly effective and skilled communicator; a good listener; actively seeks opinions of others in decision-making; consultative; able to inspire confidence and trust
§ Possessing the charisma and personality that motivates and inspires others
§ Working knowledge of, and the ability to oversee, financial systems and budget development and management; experienced in resolving cash flow and financing challenges
§ Someone who can balance a creative approach with the need to develop and follow a plan
§ Respectful of the faith-based roots of the organization; sensitive to the cultural mix of the community
Core Competencies for Chief Marketing Officer
§ Highly effective leadership; demonstrates a fundamental respect for the dignity of others. Works collegially and is a proven team builder. Inclined to coach and teach in order to improve knowledge and ability of others, but holds people accountable for results.
§ An innovator, capable of creating or seizing opportunities to improve service effectiveness and client outcomes and build strategic partnerships with other organizations.
§ Understands and values quality improvement; applies managerial and technical skills to measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness and ensure compliance with all regulatory and contractual obligations. Able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines. Adaptable and reliable in face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities.
§ Able to lead a team in managing multiple and often simultaneous tasks and in creating a work environment recognized for a high level of organization, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, and results.
§ A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
§ Business “literate,” understands financial reports, applies data to assess business effectiveness and efficiency and acts in a fiscally responsible manner.
§ Politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Kindly go to our website ( www.eloiministries.org) under the categories page, you will find Volunteer with us link, click on it and it will provide you with optional pages which have a downloadable application form on each one or contact the Executive director directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com