Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The Carnival of Oruro is the most famous festival in Bolivia. It is one of UNESCO's Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
In Cochabamba, we'll organize cultural and educational activities before the Oruro Carnival. Then we'll participate in the Carnival of Oruro, in the "Anata Andino", which is an indigenous dance of gratitude to Pachamama or Mother Earth. In Bolivia, the Carnival is associated by indigenous influence to the festival of the harvest received from Pachamama.
It is in this context that we organize alternative, cultural and educational tours in Cochabamba as well as in Oruro, so that the volunteers can understand and share the local culture.Volunteer tasks involve:
• Assisting in the organization of the Days of Art, Culture and Alternative community-based tourism
• Promotion and dissemination of information about cultural events.
• Promotion of cultural and alternative tourism areas of Cochabamba and Oruro.
• Participation in the popular pre-Carnival party.
• Logistical support to cultural events.
• Participation in tours to alternative tourism communities near Cochabamba to enjoy nature and interact with the local population.
• Participation in the Carnival of Oruro.
Project dates: February 1 - February 13, 2019
For more information and other volunteer projects in Bolivia, please go to: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-bolivia
CADIP International Volunteer Program: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please visit http://cadip.org for more information.
Call in USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
Call in Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400