Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you looking for a meaningful way to help people in need, but don’t know how? Are you looking for a challenge, a means to learn and develop valuable skills?
Then let us introduce you to AmeriCorps, and the opportunities through the Washington Service Corps!
AmeriCorps is like the Peace Corps, with one of the main differences being that in AmeriCorps people serve with organizations within the U.S., instead of going to another country.
Serving as an AmeriCorps member means you’re directly helping those in need, and there are many different kinds of positions you can serve in through the Washington Service Corps, such as:
- tutoring students who are behind in reading and math
- training and mentoring teens and young adults in getting their high school diploma, entering college or getting a job
- providing nutrition education and athletic activities through after-school youth programs
- teaching classes to low-income immigrant adults in English language, digital literacy and job skills
- promoting environmental stewardship through hands-on educational activities
and much more!
Plus, your AmeriCorps experience will help you develop skills in leadership, public speaking, and project management – skills that many employers are looking for!
Positions start November 2018 - February 2019. A full list can be found on our website: washingtonservicecorps.org.
Benefits of service:
- Monthly living allowance of $1,307
- Health insurance coverage
- Assistance with childcare costs, if eligible
- An education award upon successful completion of your service term
- Qualifying student loans may be put into deferment during your service term
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided