Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
District of Columbia
Hola Cultura is a DC based, non-profit bilingual and bicultural organization that uses the arts and humanities as a means to inform, educate and promote civic engagement within the Latino community in Washington, DC. It is our core belief that the strategic development of strong cultural capital within the Latino community is crucial to our overall well-being and economic development of our communities. Become part of a growing organization that is filling a key need in the Latino community!
As a Web designer/WordPress Administrator volunteer, you will assist Hola Cultura’s staff in maintaining and enhancing the user interface of our website, www.holacultura.com (powered by WordPress). You will get involved in building our page and designing our site, which is focused on creating compelling and innovative ways to share information and visuals. Our Web designer/WordPress Administrator volunteer will also be of assistance with site management, audience building and other task to be determined.
- Bachelor's Degree or enrolled towards a college or graduate degree
- Experience working with WordPress or HTML/CSS
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to prioritize projects with minimum supervision
- Technology oriented
- Effective communication skills in English
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills--a plus
- Ability to remain objective and engage with people of all viewpoints
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Hola Cultura’s staff on brainstorming and implementing updates and improvements to our website
- Provide online support to our special issue publications and special events
- Work independently with guidance and mentorship from Hola Cultura’s staff;
- Take part in TamalFest DC’s media team, creating overall design emedia about the festival and the TamalFest chefs;
- Assist with social media and website updates to gain HC followers and to promote events and campaigns;
- Other duties, as needed.
Salary: This is an unpaid volunteer position
Duration: This volunteer position if for the FALL semester
Location: This volunteer position is located in the Washington, DC metro area
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your resume in PDF format.