Business Development Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Anza - Starting and Scaling Social Businesses
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Anza is a Tanzanian organisation headquartered in Moshi, Tanzania. Anza provides entrepreneurs the capacity, capital and community they need to thrive via our core services - Anza Accelerator, Growth Fund and Kili Hub communities. Our work focuses specifically on assisting entrepreneurs to strengthen their operations, increase profitability, and scale their impact to create more jobs and improve access to underserved markets.
We have openings for 6-12 weeks volunteer opportunities in Moshi/Arusha. We’re looking for post-graduate business students and experienced professionals who are willing to donate some of their time to contribute to the growth of the SME sector in Tanzania.
Enthusiasm, team spirit, interest in entrepreneurship and eagerness to become a changemaker in the local community are a given!
This is a general opportunity description. Depending on your field of expertise, personal interests and internal requirements, these are some of the tasks you could be engaged with.
· Strategy: define business models, write business plans, develop project implementation roadmaps, run market research and competitive intelligence, etc.
· Marketing & Sales: develop client acquisition strategies, determine and implement new marketing initiatives, craft pricing strategies, develop sales pitch, prepare social media content, define brand image and website design, etc.
· Finance: implement accounting systems, develop financial models, prepare for investors meeting, train on basic bookkeeping and accounting practices, etc.
· Operations: streamline workflows, implement cost reduction strategies, improve supply chain management, develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks, create operations manuals, define distribution strategies, etc.
Please note that you might be paired with some of our entrepreneurs, asked to work as an internal advisor to Anza or both depending on current needs.
Education and Prior Experience:
- Post-graduate degree (business, social sciences, IT and similar) and/or
- 2+ years of professional experience in a specific domain
- International experience desired
- Prior experience in dealing with clients desired
- Genuine interest in global development issues, particularly around social entrepreneurship and youth empowerment
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Research and analytical skills
- Good time management with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Team player, positive attitude and work ethic
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations
- Fluent in English
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org