Dolphin Research Volunteer & Internship Project, Spain

Published

08/31/2018

Time Commitment

Full time (30+ hrs/wk)

Duration

Short-Term (few weeks/months)

Address

O Grove
O Grove
GA

Spain

Description

Located in the town of O Grove, volunteers and interns will have the opportunity to contribute to bottlenose dolphin, whale & porpoise conservation whilst gaining hands on field and laboratory experience. You will gain an insight into dolphin research, learn about different research instruments and techniques, learn about bottlenose dolphins and gain awareness about their conservation.

We have places for Volunteers and Interns to join for 1 or more weeks.


Individuals, groups and students doing research all welcome.


Located in the coastal town of O Grove in Galica, Spain, volunteers and interns will have the opportunity to contribute to bottlenose dolphin, whale & porpoise conservation whilst gaining hands on field and laboratory experience.


Dolphin research volunteers in Spain will assist with data collection while on board the research boat, help to locate and keep track of dolphin groups and collect environmental information. Back in the lab, volunteers will assist with restocking field supplies and transcribing data sheets. Boat cleaning and maintenance will also sometimes be required. Volunteers can join for a minimum of 1 week.


Whilst volunteering in Spain you will:


  • Get an insight in dolphin research
  • Gain fieldwork experience
  • Learn about different research instruments: GPS, Hydrophone, Secchi disk, sonar, camcorder, anemometer, etc.
  • Learn about bottlenose dolphins, their behaviour and interaction with human activities
  • Gain awareness about bottlenose dolphins and their conservation


To find out more about this project including dates, costs and how to apply please visit: http://www.workingabroad.com/projects/dolphin-volunteer-spain

Fee Required

Benefits

  • Training Provided
  • Housing Available

Benefits

  • Groups
  • Families
  • International Volunteers

How To Apply

aaron@workingabroad.com

If you are interested in joining this project in Spain as a dolphin research volunteer, you will need to fill out the online application form. To secure a placement on the project, please complete and submit the form including two references and your application payment of £180. If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we would reimburse this fully. However for those who are accepted, you will be required to pay 20% of the balance amount within 10 days of acceptance, with the remaining 80% due 1 month before arrival. This will have to be paid in Euros to our programme research partner in the field. Once we have confirmed your place, you will receive a detailed information package on the programme background and scientific objectives, your role as a volunteer, the work you will do, amenities at the house, suggested items to bring, how to travel there etc. Following this, our research partner will send you documents on volunteer liability that will need to be completed after you are booked on the programme.


Share:

Share: