Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Alcona Community Schools
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Alcona Community Schools
51 N Barlow Rd
In rural communities across America, high school students are more likely to be prepared for college than their suburban and urban counterparts, but less likely to attend. As our VISTA serving with Alcona Community Schools, you’ll work with community organizations to develop a Promise Scholarship for Alcona’s high school graduates and help students find the financial support to attend college or vocational training programs. In addition, you’ll support college and career initiatives within the school including Career and Technical Education, dual enrollment, work-based learning, and the Early Middle College program. As 69% of students in the area qualify as economically disadvantaged, these programs are crucial to creating educational and occupational pathways out of poverty.
As our VISTA with Alcona Community Schools, you will:
• Help organization and stakeholders recognize the need for and use of volunteers.
• Develop position descriptions and recruit and promote volunteer opportunities.
• Develop a volunteer generation plan to recruit and maintain volunteers.
• Improve feedback assessments and develop evaluative tools to determine success of the program and opportunities for improvement.
Program benefits include:
• Living Allowance
• Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
• Housing Stipend
• Relocation Allowance
• Child assistance if eligible
• Healthcare Allowance*
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided