A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Board member job description
Board members have the authority and responsibility for the overall ministry of New Person Ministries and will provide oversight of the Executive Director.
Board members are expected to:
- Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
- Make serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be active participants in organizational planning efforts.
- Participate in fundraising for the organization.
- Serve on committees and task forces as assigned.
- Understand and apply the provisions of the New Person Ministries Bylaws.
- Contribute to advising the Executive Director on how to actively carry out the strategic plan
New Person Ministries Board Members will consider New Person Ministries a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that New Person Ministries can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, New Person Ministries expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
New Person Ministries’ Board Members will serve staggered two-year terms and be eligible for reappointment for unlimited additional terms. Board meetings will be held monthly.