Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Working closely with our Senior Director of Data Management, the Assistant Director of Data Management will play a pivotal role in our organization as one of the department heads for our main service: the AsylumConnect catalog. In this role, you will help to ensure the continued quality and growth of the first ever online resource catalog for LGBTQ asylum seekers in the United States. You will directly oversee the data collection and resource verification process for our catalog. You will help to conduct both front-end and back-end audits of our resource catalog to ensure high quality data, and help to enable our catalog to scale. We’re looking for someone who loves working with data and is excited about taking on a leadership role. If you're reliable, driven, detail-oriented, and most of all, passionate about helping to ensure that the AsylumConnect catalog reaches its full potential this is the position for you.
- Report directly to (and work closely with) the Senior Director of Data Management and President.
- Assist the Senior Director of Data Management with onboarding and training of new Data Manager associates.
- Oversee, lead, and actively contribute to the overall growth of the AsylumConnect catalog; work with the Senior Director of Data Management and Data Manager associate(s) to organize and coordinate the research, verification and uploading of new resources to our database.
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for the AsylumConnect catalog.
- Devote a significant amount of time to personally help build the catalog by researching, verifying, and uploading resources to our data portal.
- Ensure that all Data Manager associates are completing their assignments in a timely manner. Update data collection and resource verification protocols as needed.
- Oversee all existing on-the-ground catalog operations as well as expansion into additional cities across the United States.
- Lead data collection (both quantitative and qualitative) and assist with the creation of detailed case study reports of our catalog's progress.
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Publicity and other relevant AC teammates to promote the catalog so that people will contribute resources and so that asylum seekers and service providers can find it.
- Help to explain and answer any questions about the catalog to advisors, team members, asylum seekers, service providers, outside contributors, media, potential partners and donors, etc.
- Directly oversee and manage a team of Data Manager associates to help achieve major catalog-related objectives.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): database management, data collection and analysis, research, statistics.
- Willingness and ability to prioritize AsylumConnect.
- Comfortable in a major leadership role.
- Superior understanding of the AsylumConnect catalog and vision for catalog development.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Working skill set in Excel, and/or Squarespace, HTML, CSS, WordPress or other content management system(s).
- You are technical, data-driven, and meticulous.
- Bonus(es): Extensive experience working with data, knowledge of analysis software (SPSS, SAS), prior experience working with vulnerable populations.
How To Apply
- Why AsylumConnect? What specifically about our cause resonates with you? (Maximum of 300 words)
- Why are YOU the right person for this position? (Maximum of 400 words)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the above application questions along with your resume/cv. *If you have a sample letter of inquiry or grant proposal, please also include it in your application.