A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Do you feel powerful when you find that perfect applicant? Do you want to use your HR skills to make a real difference?
Then we want you on our team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is a non-profit organization that informs people about global warming and what they can do about it.
You'll expand your human resources expertise by helping with recruitment, retention and guiding the growth of our team.
Are you looking to build a team? Would you love to help people find that position they have been dreaming of? Then you should apply today!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Guide the recruitment process to ensure consistency and fair application throughout the selection process.
- Create job descriptions and succession plans to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Identify potential candidates for secondments.
- Carry out recruitment activities including: advertisements, create interview questions, make selection recommendations to the manager, verify references, present letters of offer, etc.
- Foster staff engagement, recognition and retention.
- Participate in internal/external relations: assisting with performance management as well as questions from people outside the organization.
- Experience in the spectrum of HR (education or employment) including: recruitment, compensation, employee relations, performance management, training and development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-orientated individual, who is skilled at prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Pro-active, results-oriented and able to work as a part of a team.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers have the flexibility to help when they can, from where ever they want. All we require is that you volunteer for a minimum of eight hours per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- International Volunteers