Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Masai children school is attended by around 40 children from poor masai community in Moshi,Kilimanjaro ,Tanzania The school can be easily reached by public transport and motor cycle within a few minutes from our Hostel. There is only one teacher at the moment at this school.
The schools are equipped in a simple way. Generally, there are just wooden benches and a blackboard.
You can teach together with a Masai teacher called Mary. All subjects are taught in Swahili language, which is the first foreign language for the Masai children whose first language is Maa.
English as a subject where foreign volunteers usually participate. During the breaks and after school, you can do sports with the children (typically football/soccer) or play games.
Volunteers can also teach sport; there is a football (soccer) ground behind the school building. Only boys are allowed to play football; they play on their bare feet as the typical Masai sandals which are cut from old car tires are inappropriate for playing football.
As a volunteer teaching English in Tanzania, your experience will be valuable for both you and your students. Depending on skills and interests, volunteer in masai school in Tanzania will work closely with local teacher. Daily activities may include:
· Teaching basic English
· Aiding local teachers with lessons and activities
· Teaching other subjects such as math or science
· Organizing extracurricular activities such as music, dancing, sports, art, games, etc.
· Teaching skills like painting, etc.
· Teaching basic health and sanitation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Tanzania Volunteer/Intern Requirements
- Age Requirement: You can apply on your own if you are 18 years or over at the start of the program. For participants who are 15-17 years old at the start of the program, it is possible to enroll if the legal guardian gives permission and signs our waiver form to waive our liability.
- Language Requirement: You must be able to speak English.
- Cooperation and Adaptability: You should be able to work well with others, including people who are quite different from yourself. Also, you should be able to adapt to foreign environments, other cultures, and new situations. There is a need for international volunteers to be cooperative and flexible. The success of doing a project abroad also depends on you.
- Some positions may require volunteers/interns have relevant training or certification.
Tanzania Program Prices
Our fees are the extremely affordable and the lowest in Tanzania. Our program fee starts as little as USD$140 per week. Program fees mainly help us cover the variable costs, such as
· 3 meals daily
· 24hr In-country support
· Certification of participation
· Meals for the weekend
· Orientation materials.
· In-country orientation with staff on arrival.
· 24/7 support from our local staff.
· Airport pick up & drop off.
What is not included in program fee:
- Airfare, Insurance, Vaccination
- Police Check/Clearance report
- Visa expenses (if it’s required) check
- Internet and Laundry
- Special meals (Gluten free, extra portions, sodas, snacks)