A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 545934
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Technology Associate Director-Webmasters you are required to contribute a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Technology Associate Director-Webmasters must be willing to attend meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW(tm) will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
Save the Water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is “Contamination free, healthy water for all.”
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
- Manages and supports the Technology Group to improve the look, usability, functionality and SEO ranking of our website.
What you will be responsible for……
- Assist the Director of Technology for growing non-profit organization
- Assist the Director of Technology with management and strategy.
- Help Director oversee department of an average of 5-15 volunteers and interns, promoting the growth of followers and visitors to the website (SEO) in order to obtain advertising sponsors and donations.
- Attend Quarterly Operations Meetings.
- Assist the Director in planning and conducting monthly Technology Group meetings, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up.
- Manage Project Leaders and Volunteers, including running weekly meetings.
- Manage and keep operational documents current.
- Assist in developing procedures & documents for the organization.
- Assist the Director in delegating work to the Web Analyst Project Leader, UX Development Project Leader and Webmaster Project Leader.
- Complete the timesheet audit for the Project Leaders each month
Apply Now if you have….
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Bachelor's degree completed (or currently enrolled in degree program) or comparable work experience ( at least 4 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience).
- Advanced knowledge of UX, Webmaster, Wordpress,
- Ability to manage and lead projects with multiple team members
- Energetic team player with strong initiative, work ethic and ability to work independently
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers