Tree Zero - Environment Research Specialist Volunteer(Remote)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Advance Social Innovation
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The Environmental Specialist provides technical and regulatory support for the assigned operating facilities to insure environmental compliance with all current and future federal, state and local permits, regulations and Versum Materials environmental policies and procedures.
This is an opportunity for individuals with interest and experience in forest management and protection, impact assessment, monitoring and evaluation, or geographic information systems and spatial data analysis to further develop and apply their skill sets. The Environmental Specialist role provides you with hands-on foundational knowledge you need to develop as an environmental professional
- Assist in policy dialogue to promote healthy environment practices.
- Prepare reports and maintain records related to assigned programs and services.
- Knowledge of environmental management principles and various environmental laws, programs and policies to serve as point of contact
- Study of the science and art of managing renewable resources to attain desired results.
- Processing scientific entries and load datasets for presentations, articles and tracking;
- Collaborating with professionals in a scientific research environment;
- Providing support maintaining information databases and systems
- A motivated, self-sufficient, detail-oriented professionals with strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, as well as the ability to support the environmental team.
- International Volunteers