800 Third Avenue
A climate museum startup seeks a web development volunteer as we launch our first exhibitions. This competitive position offers volunteers the opportunity to participate in the early stages of a bold new climate initiative.
The mission of the Climate Museum is to use the sciences, art, and design to inspire dialogue and spur innovation that address the challenges of climate change, moving solutions to the center of our shared public life and catalyzing broad community engagement. More information can be found in this short video and on our website.
Volunteers will carry out a range of tasks in an intellectually vibrant and supportive environment. This position will focus on website development.
We aim to fill this spot as soon as possible due to upcoming programming. The final deadline is January 17; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately.
The volunteer position is project-based without a specific end date; we will consider the volunteer's preferences when determining length of service. It is unpaid.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and update pages on the Museum’s home website and our exhibition website, in keeping with our branding
- Substantially reorganize and build out the sites to accommodate expanded programming
- Share ideas and display creativity in developing our online presence
- Knowledge of and experience using Squarespace, preferably including writing custom code
- Exceptional visual and graphic design skills
- Generally strong academic and/or experiential qualifications
- Passion for climate issues, social justice, and/or museums
- Enterprising and ambitious mindset balanced with outstanding collaboration skills
- Willingness to work remotely, with periodic check-ins for team feedback
- Senior, graduate student, or professional
How To Apply
Please send the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (including earliest available starting date)
- If a student or recent graduate: Unofficial transcript(s)