Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Beyond the Surface International facilitates surfing, storytelling, and mindfulness workshops in remote or marginlized small-scale fishing communities under unprecedented pressure from resource scarcities due to changing climate, collapsing ocean, and shifts in landscapes.
We are looking for a creative and stoked individual to join our team! Someone who puts the fun in fundraising.
The Fundraising Projects Leader position is ideal for someone who is passionate about the ocean, conservation, fisheries, marine wildlife, innovative climate change adaption and resilience strategies, surfing for social good, youth engagement, and the participatory media arts.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, dream up, brainstorm and then, carry out fundraising campaigns through crowdfunding platforms, social media, and events (in-person or virtual). Have a crazy idea? Try us!
- Pinpoint and carefully solicit donations from major and minor gift prospects - philanthropists, capital ventures (wo surf or enjoy ocean-based activities) high net worth individuals (who like white sandy beaches).
- Maintain a straightforward record of all interactions with potential donors and use this to compose simple reports on the progress of fundraising campaigns and donation appeal efforts.
- Collaborate with our team to bring special projects to fruition.
It's a plus if you are currently enrolled in university or you've graduated with a university degree. We require fluency in English with excellent writing skills and it's an added bonus if you can speak another language... particularly, Spanish!
This position requires someone who can work independently and is self-motivated. We require that you work on your own computer from home or remotely.
We provide all information and training via Zoom (similar to Skype) and are available by email or phone to provide further support if needed throughout the volunteer opportunity.
This is an epic opportunity for someone who is interested in grassroots nonprofit fundraising or international social impact groups. This is great position to also dive into journalism, community-based conservation efforts, ocean literacy, or gain experience in the area of international social work... and boost your CV / resume.
Prior fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector. The ideal candidate can commit to 8-10 hours of work per week.
The volunteer opportunity is a non-salaried position. We are unable to provide a stipend or financial assistance (we sincerely wish we could). However - the good news - we are able to provide you either write you a stellar letter of recommendation or be a professional reference (considering your demonstrated commitment and performance).
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send us an email and outline why you'd like this position, why you think you'd be a good fit based on your passions and past experiences, and what your favorite fruit is and why.
Please include your CV / resume as an attachment to the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!