Board of Directors - Fundraising Chairperson
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by African Voices Communications, Inc.
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
270 W. 96th Street
Fundraising Chairperson – Board of Directors
African Voices is seeking a self-motivated leader to join our Board of Directors and develop a successful fund raising plan to help build the organization’s resources. The candidate must have experience in non-profit and business management. The fund raising chairperson will be responsible for building a team to implement, develop and track key fund raising goals identified in our five-year strategic plan. Candidate must have a MBA or equivalent background in business development. Candidates must possess a passionate love for arts and have a track record in successfully raising and managing funds. The Board meets three times a year and the standing committees work between meetings to accomplish goals set by the full Board. The Fundraising Chairperson will report to the Board Chairperson and Executive Director.
African Voices is seeking candidates with experience in the following skills and experience:
• Excellent Communication skills
• Fundraising & Grant writing
• Law (Non-profit and Employment areas)
• Corporate Giving & Sponsorship
• Governmental Relations & Operations
• Building Organization's Endowment Funds
• local city and state government association and/ or affiliation
• business and finance background understanding accounting principles
• Building Donor base
• Manage board members in projects, as well as outside volunteers
How To Apply
Please e-mail resume with cover letter to email@example.com.