Red Cross AmeriCorps Service to Armed Forces Program Facilitator, Everett WA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by American Red Cross, Northwest Region
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Navel Everett Station
2000 W. Marine View Drive
The AmeriCorps Service to Armed Forces (SAF) Program Facilitator will deliver the following programs and services: informational briefings, resource fairs, support for military family events, and scheduling resiliency workshops for targeted audiences including active-duty armed forces service members, their families, and veterans. They will work closely with the volunteer coordinator to recruit and manage SAF volunteers. AmeriCorps members will be paired with a Red Cross SAF employee to assist them in the conduct of their programs and outreach activities in their territory. The Service to Armed Forces (SAF) Program Facilitator service schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evening and weekend events.
Member Key Essential Functions of the Position:
- Deliver services, programs, and educational presentations to audiences within our Washington military community to better prepare service members and their families during times of emergencies and deployments.
- Deliver informational briefings, support military community resource fairs, and support military family events
- Schedule/coordinate resiliency training courses
- Manage Hero Care Network (emergency messaging/casework) program
- Assist in volunteer management (recruiting, onboarding, training, scheduling, supervising, and recognition)
- Survey veteran volunteers to determine their volunteer experience
- Purchasing program related supplies/materials such as therapy items, craft materials, promotional materials, refreshments, administrative supplies, volunteer recognition gifts, volunteer recruitment materials, briefing support materials
- Assist in coordination of Red Cross Home Fire Campaign/Sound the Alarm smoke detector installation events for military/veterans
Qualifications required for this position:
- High School diploma and volunteer experience
- Two years of experience with the military preferred (active duty, family member, or veterans)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to serve well independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to serve effectively with diverse populations and maintain professional boundaries
- Very flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to effectively motivate and supervise volunteers
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to serve on multiple tasks concurrently, follows through and consistently meets deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to learn other databases
- Some prior volunteer or community service experience
- A valid Driver’s License; prefer if member has own reliable vehicle
- Invaluable experience and extensive training from a nationally and internationally respected organization
- $1,307.82 per month living allowance provided by WSC (before taxes)
- $5,920 AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of service term
- Eligibility for health insurance coverage
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
Please Note: AmeriCorps position is contingent upon award
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Along with completing the required AmeriCorps online application at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=82922&fromSearch=true, the American Red Cross requires all applicants to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What compelled you to apply for 10.5 months of service with the American Red Cross?
- What two professional, volunteer, or personal experiences make you a strong fit for our AmeriCorps positions?
- What strengths and skills will you bring to the position you are applying for.
- What, if any, previous or current military experience, background, ties, or relationships do you have?
- With the approximate $600 (pre-tax) every two weeks stipend, do you have the necessary financial resources to sustain you for the 10.5 month term of service in Everett?