- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
VIN’s language/culture/homestay volunteer program is a program fit for those who want to learn something about Nepali culture and to some degree would like to integrate into the friendly Nepali society.
As a volunteer, you would be placed into a typical Nepali home in the village. During the day, you would be given language lessons. These lessons, taught by experts, would not only teach you the language, but also could teach you the cultural norms of our country. You will also be given a chance to help out at the nearest local school.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Project: Language/Culture/Home Stay
Program: Home stay, Culture Exchange
Start Dates: 1st and 15th of each month (best organised from August to December )
Language Requirements: English (Basic Nepali is provided)
Food and Accommodation: Nepali Standard at host family in the working community
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.