Volunteer Programs in Peru Cusco Medical Health Care Nurse EMT Dentists
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by A Broader View Volunteers Corp
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Clinical placements are based in public hospitals, small clinics, and a regional hospital in Cusco. Volunteers seeking a hands on "clinical" experience are required to be healthcare professionals or currently enrolled medical/nursing/dental students - and provide us their credentials or current enrollment status information. As a medical/nurse/dental volunteer you should expect to shadow, as well as have some hands on work. Expect to be part of a team. These program are as much about learning about universal health care, as it is to offer hands on assistance to the local medical staff who you will be working with.
Volunteer work may include taking vitals, attending rounds, charting patients, giving injections, providing general health checks, cleaning wounds, removing sutures, assisting in deliveries.
- Proficiency in Spanish is required for all healthcare placement. This project can be combined with our Language and Cultural Immersion.
- Project length:From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project dates: Year round. Choose any date to arrive.
- Arrival airport: Cusco (CUZ)
- Accommodation: Local host family
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Requirements: Medical placements require a $50 donation for projects ranging 1-3 weeks. $100 donation for programs lasting one month or longer. Donations must be made in cash, paid locally on day one of the project.
- Program starts and ends in Cusco
- Airport meet and greet in Cusco. Afternoon city tour and orientation
- Monday to Friday volunteering. 40 hours per week
- Weekends free to sightseeing
- Typical shift work hours are 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Support: Local ABV Director support 24/7 during placement
- Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
- Flights to Peru. Visas and/or entry-exit fees. Vaccinations. Local Transportation. Travel & Health Insurance. Laundry and Internet
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
You select your travel dates. Program fees based on 7 night increments (example 1 month is 28 nights = 4 weeks) Fill out the online application form or print and send it in by mail or fax. Submit your $120 deposit. We accept personal Check, Money Order, Credit Cards or Paypal in US currency. (this reservation fee is included in the total price of the program) Email, fax or mail us a copy of your resume/CV. Since we do not know you, or your interests, we found that a resume/CV can provide enough information to allow for a successful placement. After review and acceptance of the application (1-2 days), we will email you a detailed Orientation Guide.