Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
401 N Gibbs Street
We are a community-driven, faith-based non-profit whose local partnerships and holistic programs cultivate meaningful relationships and empower people of all backgrounds, particularly at-risk youth and their families, to work together toward personal and community transformation.
After School with Pomona Hope welcomes kindergarteners through twelfth graders. We are dedicated to working alongside parents and community members on behalf of Pomona’s youth. It is our aim to provide resources and a safe, affirming environment to empower youth to grow and learn.
Volunteers at Pomona Hope rotate with an age group (Troopers, K-1; Braves, 2-3; Conquerors, 4-6; Champions, junior high) through the afternoon's activities.
- Tutoring students in homework assignments
- Participating in workshop activities alongside students (art, technology, gym, language arts, etc.)
- Motivating and encouraging the students to do their work
- Congratulating the students when they are doing a good job
- Assisting the students when they ask for help
- Enforcing the Pomona Hope incentive/consequence system
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you would like to volunteer with Pomona Hope, please email the Outreach Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
All volunteers are required to:
1) Attend a Volunteer Training of ~2hrs (time arranged with Outreach Director)
2) Complete a Livescan background check