Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed volunteer with teaching experience who will build the English language skills of our team. They will need to be autonomous and able to work in a multicultural team. Knowledge of French would be highly beneficial. They will have the chance to explore the spectacular Comoro Islands during weekends, and will also be able to get to know Dahari’s work in the field.
Location: Mutsamudu, Anjouan, Comoro Islands
Application deadline: August 10th
Starting date: From September 2018 onwards
Contract: 6 months/full time – Volunteer
Conditions: Flights, accommodation and a living allowance will be provided
Who are we?
Founded in February 2013 following a five-year field programme, Dahari has quickly established itself as one of the leading NGOs in the Comoros with a multicultural team of 60. Dahari’s holistic intervention model includes agricultural and agroforestry development, forest management targeting water resources, ecological research, and biodiversity conservation initiatives. The NGO also runs complementary ecotourism and marine resource management programmes. Dahari’s work is gaining increasing recognition through the support of internationally-recognised partners and funders. Our website: www.daharicomores.org
We are looking for a volunteer teacher to improve the English language skills of our core staff, from the Directors down. Improving our team’s English is important for the management of partner and donor relationships, for undertaking trainings, for publishing our work, and for our ecotourism programme. To fulfil your role you will need to be able to:
· Evaluate the English level of each team member and organise the staff into learning groups;
· Organize a training planning and program for each group or individual (listening, speaking, writing);
· Deliver lessons and other training;
· Support the staff day-to-day (particularly the Directors) to improve their communications in English (email, reports,...);
· There is potential to work on other tasks such as translation, and provide training to other organisations in Anjouan if there is time.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter to the following address: email@example.com. Queries about the post ahead of submission are welcome.
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers