Do a Barrel Roll is looking for a volunteer Senior Manager - Fundraising
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Do a Barrel Roll
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Who are we?
We're Do a Barrel Roll (http://www.doabarrelroll.ca), a new registered Canadian non-profit dedicated to driving positive social change through gaming of all types. We run on a rotating thematic cycle, focusing our programming and projects on a particular subject every few years. Until 2021, Do a Barrel Roll is targeting its efforts on Community and Belonging. How does gaming create a sense of belonging for youth and adults alike? Can gaming be leveraged to drive community amongst those who feel alone or isolated? What stereotypes exist around gaming that must be dismantled and changed?
What's the role?
We're looking for a volunteer Senior Manager - Fundraising and Fund Development to help build our capacity to deliver on our objectives. This position is home-based, and we'd like you to be able to dedicate at least 4 hours a month to this role. You would be leading the charge for fund development and fundraising strategy. You will be recommending strategies, activities, and resources to expand the Centre’s network of supporters and partners in line with our mission and goals, while supporting the Executive Director at in-person fundraising events as required.
Who are you?
Here are a few criteria we're looking for in order to join our squad:
- You have strong/solid/deep experience and skills for generating opportunities to increase the agency’s fundraising revenues;
- You're ready to lead work in establishing the plan, methodology and systems for fund development and fundraising;
- You're an organization superstar - tabs and folders, labels and binders are your favourite office supplies;
- You have outstanding networks ready to be drawn on for fundraising pushes, campaigns, and activities;
- You should be excited about working with a blank canvas, a new organization that is eager to create change;
- You have great communication skills and are excited to help pitch our work to potential funders; and,
- A keen interest in gaming (board, video, arcade, mobile, other) would be beneficial.
If you think you have what it takes to beat Bowser, get a Pac-Man high score, and double jump your way to fundraising and fund development success, shoot us a note at email@example.com with your CV and some highlights from your background. Maybe include your favourite video game in the email somewhere!
Ben @ Do a Barrel Roll
- International Volunteers