Girls on the Run - DC Fall 2018 Team Adelaide Volunteer Opportunity
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Girls on the Run - DC
Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1211 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Girls on the Run - DC is a life-changing, positive youth empowerment program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Team Adelaide Volunteer Opportunity:
Team Adelaide is a great way to get involved with Girls on the Run-DC and work with a team of girls. You get to experience the program firsthand, feel a sense of accomplishment that you have made a difference in the lives of girls, and have a ton of fun with your team of Coaches and incredible girls!
Team Adelaide is a group of volunteers who will conduct 2 visits to one Girls on the Run - DC team during the season. The site visits will help Girls on the Run - DC ensure uniformity of program delivery and quality, and allow us to offer feedback to Coaches and teams.
This position entails approximately 2 hours per month. Team Adelaide members are required to attend a 90 minute in-person training on September 20th in Washington, DC and are encouraged to participate in the end of season 5K at Anacostia on Sunday, November 18th. A Team Adelaide member serves as a role model and mentor, provides support to Girls on the Run - DC Coaches, and understands and believes in the mission of the organization.
Apply here: https://www.raceplanner.com/volunteer/signup/35E4B2MR4VWIPPV
- A strong commitment to the positive development of girls
- The capacity to work in a partnership with Coaches
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience working with youth a plus
- Flexible/ability to accommodate to a changing environment
- The ability to recognize conflict and have the skills to help resolve it
- Successfully pass a Background Check and complete GOTR-DC training
- Believe and support the mission of Girls on the Run
- Training Provided