English and Career Development
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Help to bring essential skills to the youth of Nepal to enable them to help develop for their own communities and compete with confidence in the job market. VIN needs enthusiastic volunteers or interns to help to teach English language and other vocational skills, striving to provide work solutions in Nepal.
Nepal is struggling to find its identity. It has no political constitution, inadequate infrastructure and is largely dependent upon subsistence farming. Consequently, today’s Nepal offers limited direction or opportunity for its youth. In education, nearly 60 percent of those Nepali youths who took the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) in 2013 failed*. Pass or fail, many see better prospects overseas. Recent figures suggest as many as 1500 youths leave Nepal every day, migrating to study or work in more developed countries. And with Nepal’s workforce resources leaving, it presents limited prospects for political and economic recovery.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.