Volunteer for Vecova's Strength in Abilities Race!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Vecova Centre for Disability Services and Research
Times of day
5050 Spruce Drive Southwest
Help us support persons with disabilities in the community! Vecova Centre for Disability Services and Research (Charity Registration Number: 119286912RR0001) is a non-profit charity dedicated to helping persons with disabilities live meaningful lives filled with opportunities. This year, Vecova will be hosting its Third Annual Vecova Run, Walk & Roll. With this race, we will recognize the strength individuals have to embrace their abilities and imagine a world filled with possibilities.
We are looking for volunteers to help us set-up and carry out activities on the day of the race, including:
- Water station attendants: 2 to 3 volunteers are required to hand out drinks, fill up cups and pick up dropped cups.
- Start line/registration table: 2 volunteers are required to hand out race kits and accept/sell raffle tickets.
- Race route: 2 to 3 volunteers are needed to direct runners along the run pathway through turnaround points and any other route changes.
- Raffle station: 2 volunteers are needed to help sell tickets for the raffle.
- Halfway Point: 2 volunteers are needed for 10 km route only. These volunteers must leave early to place the race route markers along the pathway. Access to a bike is strongly preferred. Volunteers will remain at the halfway point until the last runners have passed. On their way back to the start line, they will pick up the race markers and any garbage, bottles or other items associated with the run along the route.
Please contact us for more details!
How To Apply
This event occurs on Sunday, June 24, 2018 from 8:30am-12:30pm at Edworthy Park/Bow River Pathway.
If individuals are interested in volunteering at this event, please complete the form at the link above, or email us for more details.