A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
Do good for your community while using your professional expertise. Work with talented peers on a rewarding non-profit cause related program. Rare Genomics Institute is making a difference. Rare Genomics Institute is a non-profit organization that helps families in need of genome research.
We’re seeking a Generalist with a passion for organizational development. In addition to managing the day to day HR functions, will be involved in all aspects of HR including regulatory compliance, performance management, personnel policies, employee relations, staff development, recruiting, and HR reporting.
- Assist in the development and execution of programs and processes to attract, on-board, develop and retain key talent across the company.
- Participate in employee orientation/onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Act as a resource for general inquiries and provide a confidential communication channel for all employees.
- Partner with the management team on strategic initiatives including job design, talent reviews, retention, and employee communications.
- Point of contact for employee related issues and concerns
- Provide coaching and support to management and staff regarding employee relations issues, performance management, policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with employment-related laws and company policies
- Continuously review the process to identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in human resources
- Excellent time management, analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as solid presentation skills
- International Volunteers