Engage in a Year of Service with AmeriCorps VISTA!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by New York Department of State, Division of Community Services
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
742 Delaware Avenue
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program in which members complete one-year capacity building projects in local communities. NYS Department of State, Division of Community Services is proud to sponsor the Empire Corps VISTA program, in which members help to reduce poverty in sixteen cities across New York State.
In Buffalo, the VISTA member will serve at the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County. They will work directly with the ESPRI (Empire State Poverty Reduction Initiative) Project Director and ESPRI team on community outreach and education for the poverty initiative to build capacity in Phase II Implementation. The VISTA will help to build capacity for ESPRI/THRIVE Buffalo pilot by:
- Assisting vendors with media & communications strategy, marketing, and evaluation of pilot project
- Reaching out to local organizations, coalitions, and community boards involved with workforce development
- Assisting with the ESPRI phase II/ THRIVE Buffalo Executive Committee and Community Advisory Coalition
- Connecting local VISTAS around the areas of workforce development and supportive services for individuals and families
- Implementing volunteer management practices to build organizational capacity
VISTA members enjoy a variety of benefits, including a living allowance, health coverage, child care, and an education award upon successful completion of service.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Must be 18+, college degree preferred