Team & Individual Development Chair - PurpleStride Sacramento - Walk to end pancreatic cancer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - Sacramento Affiliate
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Greater Sacramento Area
William Land Regional Park
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Team & Individual Development Chair plays a critical role in the success of PurpleStride through team & individual engagement and retention. PurpleStride Sacramento 2018 is November 10th at William Land Park.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee chairs to determine event revenue goal.
• Recruit and manage team & individual development committee members.
• Works with committee to provide overall customer service and hospitality for team captains and high performing individuals year-round keeping them informed and showing your appreciation.
• Build strong rapport with team captains and top individuals through personalized outreach including phone calls and meetings.
• Lead the planning and execution of a team kickoff event in collaboration with the PurpleStride Chair and your team and individual development committee.
• Focus on new team recruitment prior to team kick off to engage them with the team captain community.
• Coach and mentor teams with a focus on fund-raising
• Work with other planning committee chairs to identify needs for event day activities. For example:
o Volunteer needs for teams area
o Logistical needs for teams area and Grand Club members
• Communicate effectively around team benefits, Grand Club, deadlines and logistical details.
• Ensure top teams receive all team benefits
• In collaboration with other planning committee chairs, develop and execute a plan to “work the track” on event day. Engage with attendees to thank teams and secure commitment for next year, recruit new teams, new committee members, and new volunteers.
• Team captain and Grand Club member appreciation year-round.
• Collect and share inspiring team and individual stories with the Media Chair.
• Connect the dots on potential opportunities stemming from teams and individuals including volunteering, patient central referrals, sponsorship referrals, potential high-level donors, etc.
• Strong leader, communicator and motivator
• A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of community
• Strong time management
• Conflict management and resolution
• Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
- Training Provided
How To Apply
We anticipate this role to start as soon as possible for outreach to local team captains and help us build our teams for PurpleStride Sacramento. Our first ask would be invite former team captains and their teams to our fundraiser Sacramento River Cats game on August 11th. You can work remotely to contact volunteers via email and phone but we will need our Teams Chair onsite on event day, November 10, 2018 at William Land Park in Sacramento early in the morning to greet teams and build relationships.
Please send an email with any questions you may have and let us know if you have a connection to pancreatic cancer. PurpleStride Sacramento is a 100% volunteer run local event. :-)