A few hours per month
Throughout Orange County
600 Parkcenter Drive
Save Blood Drives, Save Lives
Put your license, professional background, and skills to lifesaving practice. Be a part of our R.N. Program today!
Please join us on our mission to reduce cancelled blood drives and missed blood donation opportunities by being an American Red Cross Volunteer Registered Nurse.
Did you know? It is required to have a Registered Nurse onsite at Blood Drives in California? In order to ensure consistent blood collection operations we would like to have a group of volunteer registered nurses with an active license in the State of California to be available, if needed, to be present at the blood drive in the event that one of our staff nurses call out. The Volunteer RN would not perform any assessable, regulated tasks.
- Help us to keep our blood drives on the books and act as our licensed RN at the collections operation.
- Use strong customer service skills to maintain a positive image of the American Red Cross with the public.
- Assist donors in the reception and hospitality areas providing exemplary customer service.
- Be available at short notice to fill in at our blood drive operations.
- Be willing to drive to the blood drive location.
- Be available for the whole time the drive is open.
- Represent the Red Cross positively and professionally. Stay helpful, flexible and patient.
- Demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- You may be scheduled in advance if we are aware of the need.
- Maintain ongoing learner needs as documents and updates of your curriculum items need to be read and signed off in our learning management system.
- RN license must be active in the state of California.
- A warm, friendly and gracious manner with a desire to help others.
- Good communication skills to give verbal instructions clearly, politely and accurately to donors.
- Customer service experience preferred with a commitment to putting donor first at all times.
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality.
Required training sessions broken down to 2-day orientation and then 5-days of in-class training about 2-weeks apart from one another: Ensures volunteers are familiar with donor qualifications and complications. Training is approximately 8 hours a day and is located in the Pomona Headquarters.
- Training Provided