A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Director you are required to contribute a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Director must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW™ welcomes volunteers who are seeking skill-based volunteering opportunity. STW™ shall provide "letter of recommendation" to students & professionals who demonstrate outstanding contribution for professional references.
Save the Water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct scientific water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
Our volunteers are professionals from a diverse background from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in a remote/virtual platform with an open and empowering environment and provide flexibility for work-life balance.
To learn more about Save the Water™ , please visit www.savethewater.org
The Role (Summary) :
Save the Water™ is seeking a Development Director, if you have a passion for development in fundraising/philanthropy and any experience in Online/Digital Marketing, Corporate Partnership, Marketing, Business Development, Sales, Event Management, Fundraising then please reach out to us at email@example.com.
What you will be responsible for..... (Primary Responsibilities)
- The Director shall have 3 subgroups to handle i.e Individual Giving Development, Institutional Giving Development and Corporate Giving Development.
- The Director will design the strategic roadmap for the organization to execute successful fundraising programs via grants development to federal/state institutions and foundations/non-governmental grants, partner with corporate organizations for sponsorship and philanthropy giving and manage major gifts.
- The successful candidate will design and executive online and digital programs, and also run special projects for annual fundraising events, leadership giving programs, various charity events & other income sources utilizing the implementation of best practices
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundations/institutions and corporate companies.
- Develop a revenue growth plan that includes building a major gift program that drives growth and includes the hiring of a team dedicated to identifying, cultivating and securing major gift support.
- Oversee the implementation of a major donor stewardship strategy that enables major gift partners to realize an outstanding experience through their charitable investment of time, advocacy, and financial support.
- Oversee a department of 5-20 volunteers and interns, holding them accountable for their work, and provide ongoing coaching, mentorship, and assistance.
- Communicate regularly with the President and other Directors, as needed, and provide monthly reports to the leadership
- Manage and keep operational documents current and assist in developing new procedures & documents for the organization
- Plan and conduct monthly Development Group meetings, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up.
Apply Now if you have…. (Experience/Requirements)
- A successful candidate should have expertise and knowledge in creating successful direct mail, marketing materials, online giving appeals including social media, and campaigns including integration of e-commerce platform for the payment gateway.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising databases, gift processing, gift acknowledgment, and gift reporting best practices.
- Experience managing pages on social media and crowdfunding platforms (e.g., Facebook, Crowdrise, GoFundMe).
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms (e.g., MailChimp).
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM or other Customer Relationship Management or equivalent software for managing donor campaigns is preferable
- Experience in cultivating major fundraising campaigns, Corporate and Personal Philanthropic Donation campaigns and Grant Writing.
- Successful track record of meeting/exceeding fundraising goals in a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 8-10 years of progressive successful management experience in fundraising, donor cultivation, sales, marketing or business development
- Ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis, quickly assess needs in the chapter/market and adjust existing plans accordingly, manage quick turnaround times and needs
Candidates from backgrounds like Marketing & Sales, Business Development, Corporate Communication, Content Writers, Project Managers, Event Managers, Grant Writers, Digital and Online Marketing, Corporate Partnership are welcome to apply.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Keywords:Director, Fundraising, Gifts, Non-Profit, Donation, Donor, Grants, Development, Business Development, Online, Digital, Events, Charity, Sales, Marketing, Online, Remote, Campaign,partnerships, project management, Water, environment, volunteer