A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Social Media Manager will assist the Executive Director and Communications team by creating compelling social media content across all platforms for Through My Eyes. From responding to breaking news relevant news within the communities we are currently working within, to developing evergreen campaigns, the social media manager should be comfortable writing quickly for an online audience and translating complex topics into digestible social media posts.
Candidates should have 1-2 years of social media experience in a professional setting, or equivalent internship or fellowship experience. A desire to work on a team is a must. Experience with social media analytics is a plus. This position requires ability and interest in traveling to other countries at times.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Draft creative and compelling daily social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Patreon, and other channels that tells our story, amplifies our message and is in line with our brand.
- Monitor for trends, social media highlights, and engagement opportunities.
- Compile social media metrics and help analyze them to glean actionable insights.
- Monitor and respond to comments and direct messages.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on paid advertising campaigns, video projects, and other digital initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential skills + experience:
- Experience creating a variety of social media content, preferably in a political capacity or at a non-profit or consulting firm.
- Ability to learn and embody the “voice” of an organization or individual.
- An interest in discovering and developing innovative and creative solutions to move messages and inspire key audiences to act.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Extremely well organized with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS and WordPress preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor and ability to work well on a team.
Through My Eyes is proud to be an equal opportunity nonprofit committed to assembling a diverse staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com