Director of Programs
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
P.O. Box 5096
National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Programs
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Open Position/s: 1
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a self starter and exceptional individual to serve as Director of Programs and oversee all year round programs, including the annual conference.
The Director of Programs serves a key role in the establishment, development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the organization’s programs. As a member of the Executive Management Team, the Director of Programs also participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives. He/she collaborates with the Executive Management Team to fulfill NAAHP’s mission. The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Vice President.
· Collaborates with the Director of Professional Development to formulate and develop new programs to meet membership needs and employee needs
· Works with a wide variety of sponsors, including government, academic, corporations, foundations and societies to support program sponsorships.
· Develops program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of our programs and identifies areas for improvement
· Implements long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of our programs
· Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
· Develops forms and records to document program activities
· Collaborates with HR to recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
· Ensures that programs operate within the approved budget
· Determines strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
· Influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
· Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Vice President
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field, MA preferred
· 5 years experience in a related field preferred.
· Strong skills in problem solving, team work, project management
· Experienced in managing and coordinating large conferences
· Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
· Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
· Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals
· Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
· Ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
· Must be comfortable working within a startup environment subject to ambiguity and change