Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
111 Cass Street
Job Title: Operations Director
Hours: 15-20 hours weekly on average
Commitment: 12 Months
Pay: Unpaid Volunteer. Only agreed expenses paid. We aim to make this a paid position as
soon as possible.
Reporting To: YP Director
Language Spoken : Spoken and written fluency in English
To Apply : Click Here
Location: Anywhere with good communications & internet
Deadline : Reviewed until position is filled.
Benefits : Fantastic experience and responsibilities to strengthen your program management
resume. Coaching and learning from the industry’s finest (PHD’s amongst others) with ample
opportunity to build capacity and develop skills while supporting conflict affected children and
youth. Learning about child/youth peacebuilding and a potential letter of recommendation.
What Young Peacebuilders Does
Young Peacebuilders (YP) develops partnerships, research, projects and tools that nurture
peacebuilding passion and skill in children and youth in contexts impacted by armed conflict.
In this way YP helps prevent and end cycles of violence. We also help design effective child
and youth peacebuilding projects and research for others. We want to see a major shift in the
dominant method of addressing contemporary conflicts toward investing in young people as
peacebuilders. Read more at www.YoungPeacebuilders.com.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of Young Peacebuilders. You will be the one to ensure that our organization is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various organizational processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the organization.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of YP’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
Responsibilities vary depending upon duration of one’s commitment, number of hours committed, interests, skills, and experience. We ensure responsibilities increase along with one’s skill level.
- Liaise with Director to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals;
- Translating YP’s strategic plans into defined operational plans;
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation.
- Directing all operational activities across the organisation;
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of organisation to ensure smooth progress;
- Supervise Directors from different departments and provide constructive feedback;
- Manage and coordinate material and resources allocation;
- Establishing a culture of continuous implementational improvement;
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners.
- Defining performance management KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives;
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvement;
- Reporting to the Director on all operation activities towards business goals.
Skills and Qualification:
- Masters degree in political science, peace and conflict studies, international relations, international development, business or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with managing operations in development context with preference towards exposure to peace building and working with youth;
- Experience implementing programs with a focus on peace building;
- Experience working remotely with teams across the world.;
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities;
- Outstanding communication and people skills;
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.);
- Strong facilitation and consensus-building skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply