6920 South East Street
A Communications volunteer will be responsible for creating content for Beacon of Hope Crisis Center’s online presence through social media and other communications. We are looking for a passionate individual to bring bright ideas to Beacon of Hope Crisis Center that increase education and awareness within the community. This position will allow for flexibility – maximizing your skill set and building your resume. The Communications volunteer will be expected to collaborate with the team on big projects and fundraising events. Exceptional writing and grammar ability as well as creative design skills; both need to be present and co-exist for this individual to be optimally successful in this volunteer role.
Ability to understand, embrace and deliver on the following:
Attention to detail
Efficient use of time
Scheduling and planning
Bringing forth ideas
- Stay up to date on new trends & movements relating to domestic violence and sexual assault
- Research and create content for social media
- Write blog posts
- Implement fundraising initiatives
- Follow agency rules and protocols for admitting people to the center
- Foster an environment of respect with clients, callers and staff
- Excellent organization
- Strong writing skills
- Punctuality and dependability
- Completed or in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Excellent typing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Ability to do online research
- Ability to pass a criminal background
- Experience with Graphic Design
- Experience in blogging and video blogging
- Experience working for a Nonprofit
- Experience with Mail Chimp
How To Apply
Visit http://beaconofhopeindy.org/volunteer--intern-opportunities.html to download and complete the appropriate application; there is a volunteer application and an internship application.
Submit the completed application along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org