Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
School Group is platform that connect the world’s schools and provide a community for communication, collaboration and learning development, bridging the educational gap in a rapidly changing environment.
Our organization needs a capable, motivated System Administrator with expertise in Linux to take over all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our computer systems. Do you love tackling problems head-on? Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to a business’s pain points? Are you constantly updating your knowledge of hardware and software trends and advancements? If you can answer "yes" to those questions, you’ll fit in well with our team. We run a fast-paced but supportive atmosphere. Since we are a small team, you’ll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the Linux system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Technical degree or diploma (preferably Computer Science or Information Systems focused)
- Experience in a related job field supporting departmental and enterprise applications.
- Experience working with Cloud Services and Applications - Google systems, and other similar applications.
- Experience working with Windows environment.
- Experience working with relational databases such as Salesforce
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
About School Group
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about school Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
In favor, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation, testimonial, spotlight in a newsletter, and/or a professional reference.
To apply: Please send resume and samples of your work to email@example.com.
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers