Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada
605 Washington Street
Want to change the life of a child this summer? If you love the outdoors and are passionate about empowering girls and young women, we want you to join our camp team! Camp Wasiu II is an overnight summer camp in Sierra City, California. We're accredited by the American Camp Association and offer amazing activities: canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding, swimming, archery, low ropes challenge course, arts & crafts, campfires, singing, and more!
Camp Wasiu II is currently seeking qualified volunteers to serve as Resident Camp Cooks. Under the supervision of the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for assisting in the planning, ordering, preparation, and serving of nutritious, well-balanced meals for campers and staff.
During your volunteer stay you will receive:
- free lodging
- free meals
- opportunities to enjoy the pool, canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding, and archery
Our summer camp season runs from June 17 through July 20. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to one or more weeks during this time period.
- Must be 18 or older
- California Food Handler Certification required (can be provided by GSSN)
- Experience in food preparation in a camp or institutional food service setting or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of special dietary restrictions (i.e. gluten-free, nut allergies, dairy-free, vegan) and ability to prepare for special groups as needed
- Knowledge of standards of food preparation, kitchen procedures, kitchen sanitation and food safety procedures
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers