Children's Life Skills Facilitation
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
VIN has implemented the Children’s Development Program to support communities to enable children to receive an education, explore their creativity, and develop for the good of the community. VIN’s Children’s Clubs provide a platform for children to develop their life skills and explore innate talents. VIN seek committed volunteers or interns to help facilitate the clubs, bringing with them energy and creativity to inspire the children.
While nearly 33% of Nepal’s population are under 14 years of age, the children of Nepal remain a marginalised, voiceless section of society. Poverty and discrimination are barriers to a good quality education. Within the education system, teaching quality is low, often provided by untrained teachers. Rights, creativity and expression are not promoted in school or at home; children’s skills and interests go unrealised.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.