Volunteer Patient Navigator (Riverside County, San Bernardino County; San Diego County)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Community Health Systems, Inc.
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Join Community Health Systems, Inc. (CHSI) in promoting patient empowerment with the launch of our Nextgen Healthcare Patient Portal.
Becoming a VOLUNTEER PATIENT NAVIGATOR offers an exciting and unique experience not only for you, but for the patient as well! Since you are the first point of contact for CHSI's patients who enter our clinics, you get to set the standard of excellence patients expect to receive throughout their visit.
WHAT PATIENT NAVIGATORS DO:
- Help promote the use of the Patient Portal in the waiting area of the clinic (i.e., explain what a patient portal is, how it can be used, etc.)
- Register patients in clinic, using handheld devices (i.e., tablets / Pads) to help patients register new user accounts.
- Follow up with patients who have previously registered to get feedback on experience and usage.
- Greet patients as they walk in
- Escort them to the appropriate department (medical, dental, etc.) to sign in for their appointment
- Promote other CHSI services
You are a perfect fit for this volunteer opportunity if:
- You can spend a few hours a week with us from July - September
- You work or live in near one of our clinics: University Community Health Center (Riverside near UCR), Moreno Valley Family Health Center (Moreno Valley), Bloomington Community Health Center (Bloomington); Fallbrook Family Health Center (Fallbrook, San Diego County)
- You are able to attend a 1-hour orientation during normal business hours
- You are able to show proof of negative Tuberculosis test results
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answer the following questions in your email:
- When can you begin volunteering?
- How many hours per week can you comimit?
- Can you provide proof of a negative Tuberculosis test result?
- What location are you interested in:
- Fallbrook (San Diego County)
- Moreno Valley
- Riverside-Magnolia (off the 91 freeway)
- Riverside-University (off the 91 freeway near UCR)
Please provide your name, email and phone number.