Hotline/Front Desk Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Crossroads Rhode Island Domestic Violence Program
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
- Help our office run smoothly by volunteering at our front desk, welcoming clients and guests into the office.
- Answer calls on our 24-Hour Hotline, offer supportive listening, guide callers through safety planning, give community referrals, information, and keep a call log.
- Answer business calls and transfer to appropriate extensions and voicemail.
- Supporting and helping our residential clients with referrals and information.
- Additional opportunities may include assistance with domestic violence support groups.
Time Commitment: Minimum 4 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 AM and 8:30 PM seven days per week. Six months - One year commitment.
Skills Needed: Sensitivity to and concern for women and children in crisis; maturity and good judgment; strong interpersonal skills; ability to listen without judging or advising; dependability; ability to handle more than one task at a time; and bilingual ability very helpful, especially in English/Spanish and English/Portuguese.
Training Required: All direct service volunteers are required to complete our comprehensive domestic violence training. BCI & DCYF check required.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Domestic Violence Program Volunteer Coordinator