AUDIT & RISK MANAGER
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Eternal Life Organization International Ministries
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
plot 644, nsereko gregory rd
Over View of Role:
The Office of Audit and Investigations (OAI) reports to the CFO/COO and is responsible for internal audit and investigations services to ELOIM and its affiliated entities. OAI provides independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
The Audit Manager reports to the CFO. The primary role of the Audit Specialist is to perform comprehensive audits of ELOIM in the region and to review and analyze incoming NGO audit reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As member of an audit team and under the supervision of the team leader(CFO), prepares/participates in the preparation of risk-based audit plans/programs;
- Prepares working papers for review by the audit team leader; drafts specific parts of audit reports for review by the team leader;
- Monitors the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas;
- Participates in the planning of the global NGO audit exercise, including the underlying risk assessment;
- Reviews incoming NGO audit reports from the region and analyses them with regard to audit outcome, audit scope and audit administration;
- Identifies recurring and systemic issues in NGO audit reports for inclusion in corporate reports;
- Prepares data collection files, applies ratings and drafts NGO/NEX audit review letters;
- Assesses country office follow-up action plans and drafts response letters.
- As member of an audit team, conducts specific elements of the assignment in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policy guidelines;
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management;
- Documents findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement;
- Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes;
- Responds to country offices queries about the annual NGO audit exercise;
- Under the overall supervision of the CFO, conducts special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops;
- Undertakes frequent, and at times extended, missions to ELOIM offices in the region, including to areas with hazardous working conditions.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI;
- Participates in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan;
- Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the CFO or ED
Core Values & Ethics:
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness;
- Display cultural sensitivity;
- Shows strong corporate commitment;
- Honest and complies with ELOIM regulations, rules, and code of conduct.
- Embraces extra responsibility;
- Build team morale & consensus.
Task Management Skills:
- Produces timely, quality outputs;
- Exercises sound judgment/analysis;
- Develops creative solutions;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Writes clearly and convincingly;
- Speaks clearly and convincingly;
- Has good presentation skills;
- Listens actively and responds effectively.
Building & Sharing Knowledge:
- Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas;
- Makes valuable practice contributions;
- Applies existing knowledge to work;
- Provides advice & support to others.
- Provides constructive coaching and feedback;
- Acts as long-term mentor for others;
- Acts on personal development plan.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the following services, in accordance with professional standards:
- Operational audits;
- Performance audits;
- Financial audits;
- Project audits;
- Advisory services.
Demonstrated ability to use the following tools:
- Microsoft office suite;
- Presentation software applications;
- Electronic working paper software;
- Computer assisted audit techniques (ACL or IDEA);
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Kindly go to our website ( www.eloiministries.org) under the categories page, you will find Volunteer with us link, click on it and it will provide you with optional pages which have a downloadable application form on each one or contact the Executive director directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org