Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Imagine improving the lives of 325 motivated students and their 15 teachers at a private boarding school in Rwanda who are hungry to improve their English reading and speaking skills, while you get a unique (and safe) international experience in a stunningly beautiful part of rural Africa - in a country that many believe to be THE development model for all of Africa. You would be contributing to a new education improvement program at this small private school located in Colline Musha, Rwanda
· Native English speaker with clear pronunciation and ability to teach proper diction
· University graduate or currently enrolled student
· Self-starter that is capable of working independently
· Proficient in computer and internet use
· Good problem solver, with an ability to find ways to use their language skills to supplement the instruction of the full time teaching staff
· Experience in mentoring or tutoring
· Experience playing, coaching, or organizing sports
· Experience living in or traveling in developing countries
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
· Act as a “Guest Instructor” in all current English classes at least 1 time per week.
· Observe current English classes to offer support for teachers when not otherwise engaged during classroom hours.
· Work with a group of students (approximately 50 in number) who have been identified for additional remedial English instruction (schedule to be determined).
· Lead optional conversational English class for students who wish to improve their English outside of classroom hours (in the evening).
· Assist the current Director of English and Computer Improvement program when necessary in the Library. Also assist in monthly "English day" and yearly "English week" to improve teacher English proficiency.
· Reports to Dean of students, and Director of English Improvement.
· Payment of all travel expenses to/from United States or country of origin
· Meals and accommodations provided
· Payment of travel, visa and inoculation expenses
· Health insurance, including catastrophic insurance.
Other reasonable expenses paid