A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO BOX 77007
The City of Dreams mission is to help youth living in San Francisco’s low-income housing communities build brighter futures through mentorship and youth development. We are guided by a bold vision: To end the generational poverty cycle in our city’s most challenged neighborhoods.
Become a Mentor:
￼City of Dreams is recruiting both Group and One-to-One Mentors. The commitment is a minimum of one year of mentoring an individual child and mentoring in a group atmosphere as well. Scheduling is flexible and requires attending one Super Saturday group event per month in addition to spending one additional outing with your mentee per month. Examples of past Super Saturday field trips (2-3 hours each including lunch): The Circus Center, Kite Festival at the Presidio, The Garden at AT&T Park, Oakland Museum, Biking in a local park, Cal Academy, Exploratorium
Many of our One-to-One Mentors start as Group Mentors, gaining experience and confidence while they wait to be paired with a mentee. One-to-One Mentors commit to meeting with their mentee two times per month.
• Have reliable transportation, insurance, and a valid driver’s license
• Submit and pass an interview process and a criminal history check
• Take part in an intro training session & periodic mentor meetings
• Group Mentors – Commit to one Saturday per month for a 1 year period
• 1:1 Mentors – Commit to 2 visits per month for a 1 year period
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To submit an application, please visit our website.