Festival Volunteer VR Zone Docent
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival)
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
305 Harrison Street
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT:
The Festival Volunteer VR Zone Docents help patrons comfortably and successfully
experience a range of VR/360 experiences, under the direction of the VR Zone Venue Manager.
This includes assisting with setup running and troubleshooting of VR/360 hardware, headsets,
and motion controllers.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Support the VR Zone Venue Manager in greeting, orienting, and providing tech support
● Answer basic questions guests may have regarding the headsets or content
● Support the Festival Venue Manager in facilitating smooth entry, clearing, and cleaning
of SIFF VR Zone spaces.
● Extend excellent customer service
● Ensure a positive experience for all SIFF participants and volunteers
● Prior experience and/or knowledge of VR/360 systems and headsets preferred.
● Comfortable with technology and a willingness to learn.
● English language fluency
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time
● Ability to commit to at least 4 shifts, including:
○ Required VR Volunteer Training – (May 13th, 2 PM - 6 PM)
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
● Be organized
● Possess a service-oriented demeanor; customer service experience a plus
● Have a clear and constructive communication style
● Have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
● Have demonstrated ability to lead a diverse and rotating team of volunteers
● Have the ability to adapt quickly
Remain calm in the face of chaos
● (1) voucher per two hours worked.
● Class credit (if applicable)
DATES OF POSITION:
● VR Volunteer Training – (May 13th, 2 PM - 6 PM)
● Festival Shifts - May 16 - June 10, 2018