Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Calle Mayta Capac 1325
Rio Seco, El Porvenir
SKIP is a charity working with disadvantaged families in an impoverished district of the city of Trujillo, Peru. Our holistic programme focuses on the educational, economic, emotional and social development of each child and family. It is our aim to foster the capacity of children and families to be the principal agents of change in their own lives.
The Education Department
There are over 300 children between the ages of four and eighteen years old currently enrolled in the education programme, which makes it the largest department in SKIP. We aim to maintain an exciting, stimulating and engaging learning environment. Our aim is not to replace the local education system, but rather supplement it. Following a curriculum designed especially for the children at SKIP, we provide classes in subjects such as reading comprehension, Math, English and Computing.
The Sports programme
We have recently developed a structured physical education programme to complement our classroom curriculum for the children at SKIP. This provides an opportunity for students to participate regularly and safely in physical activity and to learn important social and interpersonal skills, contributing to psychological well-being, physical capacity, and the ability to cope with stress. Through this program we aim to foster concentration, better classroom behavior and more focused learning.
Under the supervision of the Sports Leader, the sports coach volunteer will assist with sports classes several times per week for children aged 5-17 years.
This position is part-time, so there will be the opportunity to be involved in the other programmes we run.
- Interest in sport and physical education
- Basic Spanish
- Passion for working with children
- Confidence to deal with disciplinary issues outside on the sports ground
- Minimum four week commitment.
- Experience working with children.
- Intermediate Spanish
The benefits of volunteering with us
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- a thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- structured and relevant training from fully qualified and experienced staff members - you can find bios for all of our permanent team on our website
- mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- the chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- confirmation of volunteer service
Watch our video
If you would like to know more about our project, check out our videos
Or you can read our annual reports
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Visit our website for more information: www.skipperu.org.
You can download an application form
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the position or about life here as a volunteer.