Youth Education Advocate - AmeriCorps
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by New Jersey Community Development Corporation
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
32 Spruce St
Looking for a way to earn money while giving back to your community?
Looking to gain experience in social services, education, on non-profit administration?
Then an AmeriCorps position with the Paterson Community Schools Corps is perfect for you!
AmeriCorps Members dedicate 1700 service hours, over one year, to assist clients with educational enhancement, social/emotional development, and family engagement. Members also work to enhance existing services at the service site, including after school programs and school wide events. Service sites include: John F. Kennedy Educational Complex, Great Falls Teen Center at International High School, Paterson School #5, Great Falls Youth Build, the Community Charter School of Paterson, and NJCDC’s Youth Center.
While serving, Members receive the following compensation package :
- Members receive a monthly living stipend of up to $1,100 a month before taxes.
- An education award of up to $5,920 at the completion of their term of service.
- Earn up to $12,000 for the following New Jersey Universities: William Paterson University, Montclair State University, New Jersey City University, Centenary University, and Stockton University.
- Loan deferment on qualified Department of Education loans, and loan interest payments after the completion of a term of service.
- Health insurance through Cigna’s Corps Network health plan, including health, dental and vision care .
- Up to 21 days of personal/vacation time .
- Up to 340 hours of professional development and training , including a two week orientation with compensation.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided