Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Director of Fund Development
StandUp For Kids is currently seeking a volunteer Director of Fund Development to oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development we encourage you to apply.
The Director of Fund Development works in cooperation with other members of the leadership team to determine the financial needs of the organization. This director leads the effort to identify appropriate sources of funding and executes strategies to secure needed funding.
Reporting to and in partnership with the BOD Fundraising Committee the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as StandUp For Kids continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Develop and execute StandUp For Kids annual fundraising plan
- Identify prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships to secure financial support.
- Manage the implementation of Fundraising platform and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Ensure timely and accurate report delivery to funders
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
1. Ability to take charge
2. Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction
3. Superior verbal and written communication skills
4. Grant writing experience
5. Superior Networking Skills
6. Sales or business development experience preferred
7. Excellent organizational and planning skills
8. Strong sense of personal integrity
9. Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids
10. Time commitment of at least 5 hours per week to dedicate to fulfilling duties
11. At least 1 year commitment to the organization
12. Background Check required $18.00
13. Computer Skills including email, MS Word, Excel and Power Point
14. Good research skills and knowledge of internet
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Eight-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills