Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
12 Eliot Street
Seeking an experienced writer and editor for a ghostwriting opportunity. Applicants must understand the dynamics of marginalization and have a keen ability to translate personal narratives into an engaging and approachable work. Responsibilities include collaboration with the book's subjects to draft a nonfiction novel from the perspective of individuals working in the field of disability inclusion and empowerment, and in particular, Sara Minkara the founder, president, and CEO of Empowerment Through Integration, her colleagues and peers. Key themes will center around the complex nature of identity, disability, inclusion, religion, empowerment and gender. It is anticipated that these themes will naturally speak to marginalized communities. However, the writer must be able to elevate Sara's journey into a broadly relatable written work, from which any person can better understand the value of inclusion and the journey toward authentic individual empowerment.
The writing process will entail collecting and organizing dictated thoughts, insights, stories, and lessons learned, along with material from in-person meetings and other modes of communication into a compelling nonfiction narrative. In addition to capturing Ms. Minkara's personal narrative, the writer will provide an examination of the beneficiaries of ETI's services. Further, some content may be drafted by individuals working in the field and incorporated into the final product. Ms. Minkara will maintain significant editorial control throughout the process.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have some experience writing nonfiction
- Ability to organize content to create a compelling narrative
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Superb time management and organizational skills
- Must be based in or near Cambridge
- Must be able to meet at least once a week
- Would be helpful if the writer was familiar with NGO work and disability work
- Will be involved in the publishing process
30% commission on profit