Teach English and support the work of Buddhist monks in Thailand
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CADIP
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The project welcomes participants who are interested to support the activities in the temple and to learn about Buddhism. The volunteers are expected to learn and practice meditation in the temple. They can also learn more about Buddhism from the monks, nuns and local people who always come to practice meditation.
The volunteer tasks include:
• Teaching basic English to the monks and local people at the temple, and in a local school in the community in June-September and November-February.
• Supporting temple and community activities and learning about Buddhism.
• Practicing meditation with the local people.
• Renovation work, cleaning up the temple.
• Preparing for ceremonies together with local Thai people.
Special requirements: This project requires hard work and strong motivation.
Leisure activities: Visiting the Floating Market and Hatyai downtown, Rattaphum Temple, Khohong Hill, Tone Nga Chang Waterfall.
Duration of the project: 1 to 12 months
More information and enrollment: http://cadip.org/volunteering-in-thailand
Volunteer opportunities in other countries: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
More information and application: www.cadip.org
Call in USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
Call in Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400