AmeriCorps VISTA Systems and Programs Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by South Cumberland AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Systems & Programs Coordinator at Folks at Home will create, expand and strengthen systems and processes throughout one year of service in order to increase the organization’s ability to function effectively and meet its mission. Folks at Home coordinates services to empower individuals to live at home with dignity in the community they love. Folks at Home engages in poverty alleviation by actively working to prevent poverty in older adults through its programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities of Position Include:
- Organizing orientation, training, and engagement sessions for new and existing volunteers.
- Organizing and managing the Autumn and Spring Actions for Elders programs (biannual student service events) to maintain outreach partnerships with student group volunteers.
- Implementing community outreach plan to expand membership base, while building and maintaining community partnerships.
- Enhancing and strengthening communication of Folks at Home through various outlets (i.e. local newspapers, social media, and interpersonal communication)
- Creating and implementing a communication plan for various communication outlets.
- Strengthening and enhancing Story-corps's presence on the Plateau
- Collaborating with Folks at Home Director and Volunteer Organizer to coordinate Folks at Home's 2nd Annual Benefit Concert.
About Folks at Home:
Folks at Home is a local non-profit organization developed for and dedicated to assisting its members in continuing a dignified and comfortable lifestyle in the community through coordination of services they need during their elder years.
The South Cumberland Community Fund and The University of the South (Sewanee) have partnered to offer a unique community-university South Cumberland Plateau VISTA Project (SCPVP). This project is a full-time, one year service program in which VISTA volunteers will work with community partners throughout the Plateau. Join our current team of 15 VISTAs through one of ten available positions. Each position offers the unique opportunity to work in a rural, historically, and economically depressed region of Tennessee. Projects focus on community organizing, grant writing, volunteer recruitment, collaborating with K-12 schools initiatives to ensure and enhance sustainable program. SCPVP provides training to enhance each VISTA member’s personal and professional development. This VISTA program is team focused, providing group programming, support, and social opportunities for each VISTA. Make a difference! Help us improve our South Cumberland Plateau communities.
Benefits of Service:
- $990/monthly stipend (Before taxes)
- Earn either a $6,095 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Or a $1,800 cash stipend upon completion of full-time service term
- Professional Development Training Opportunities
- Relocation Allowance Available
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) upon completion of full-term service
- Health Coverage
- Child care if eligible
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Please include a resume when applying.